Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chapter 26: Fire of Desire

           I had cooled off for a while, wearing my normal clothes and such for the benefit of the kids. Okay, and I had accidentally walked in on King climbing out of the bathtub naked and I had been too scarred to move. But the persistent need to do something awesome and bad had worked up inside me again, so I had cured that need by doing a little... online shopping. 


           A week later, my new baby was shipped to me. She was classic black with some red decals. I named her Destiny. Prince said nothing when he saw her; he just pursed his lips and tutted. I knew money wasn't the problem (as it never would be), but the very idea of me getting a car was. I had never gotten my full driver's licence, so it was one of the very few positive accomplishments I did while going through this... period of time.
           After I had finally gotten the card allowing me to drive, I spent my time racing around the little town. When I got bored of that, I drove into different cities where speed limits where higher and laws were looser.


           I knew I was hurting my family. I would go clubbing and drink and flirt and not care. I would leave my wedding ring at home. I hadn't kissed anyone yet. But I would wake up hungover and Prince would know. He didn't say anything. He wanted to wait it out. 
           While I did whatever the hell I wanted, I knew everyone else suffered. Andy was still young, but he was realizing what was happening. He didn't seem as happy as he used to. Prince had to stop taking his writing classes in order to take care of the children, and King had to work to make money.
           Once, I came home earlier than normal, having been thrown out of a club, so I had decided to play with my kids. Buzz was in his toy bin, unsupervised, playing with a pink bunny toy. The garbage can was full and the potty smelled bad.
           "Mammy!" Buzz had cried, climbing out of the bin to hug my leg. I had played with him for a bit before riding around town in my car. I hadn't spoken to Andy or Prince in three days.


           A month later, things had died down. I had become bored with the party scene. I was soaking in the tub, pondering. Apparently, in life, one regrets the things one didn't do more than the ones they did. I caved in to the strong temptation and decided to add a little excitement into my life and be unfaithful to Prince...
           I didn't want to hurt him-but it would only hurt him if he found out about it. I got a high of excitement as I stepped out of the tub, my heart already thumping rapidly.


           I changed into my party clothes, taking extra care to make my hair and makeup unavoidably sexy. It made me more youthful.
           I didn't bother giving an excuse to Prince where I was going. I just strolled out of the house in my high heeled boots and celebrity worthy outfit. When I reached the end of the walkway, I practiced my irresistible lip bite and growls, testing different pick up lines and looks with my eyes. I had never used anything like that on Prince.
           When I was ready to have some fun, I spread my lips apart from my teeth in a seductive grin and muttered in a lust-filled voice, "Ready or not, here I come."


           I decided to try my luck at the nearby bar. I walked, which earned my some car honks, rolled down windows, full on screeches, and even a near collision. Confidence boomed from inside me. As I neared my destination, someone strolled up to me. He had dark, wavy hair, bulging muscles, and an attractive and familiar face whose expression read 'Come Hither'. 
           "Hello, good-looking," he said, one eyebrow raised.
           "Hey cutie," I responded, sauntering forwards.
           He gave me a half smile, tilting his head as he looked at me. "I know this may sound like a bad pick up line, but do I know you from somewhere?"
           "Now that you mention it, you do look vaguely familiar..." I stepped forwards so that our feet were touching.
           "Name's Chad Luck," he said.
           I grinned. "You may be getting lucky tonight." I received gratification as his eyes widened. "I'm Cinderella Casmin." I didn't want to identify myself as Charming.
           He tapped his chin with a finger, but shrugged. "Maybe I've seen you in a beauty magazine," he said, winking at me. 


            "Look," I said urgently, leaning into his ear, "I want you. I want you bad." I didn't want to waste time.
           Chad leaned in to me and my heart raced excitedly. "Cinderella..." he muttered, "Wait. You're that girl I saved from that Lothario! The one at the big party!"


           It suddenly came back to me, though slowly. I had tried to block that incident from my mind. "You fought so valiantly," I purred.
           "Did you die your hair? I prefer it blond," Chad mused, studying me, "And you look better without makeup, really-"
           I couldn't stand it any longer, so I silenced his words with a kiss.


           At first, he just stood there stiffly as my lips enveloped his. I felt the soft brush of his mustache, the slight prickles of his chin. It was just our lips pressed together. I grew frustrated and opened my eyes. His were closed. I drew back. 
           "What is it?" I snapped, annoyed.
           "I just... what do you want?" he said, looking concerned and sincere.
           "Sex," I said with growing impatience.


           He paused for a moment. "Fine. If sex is what you want, sex is what you'll get." He pulled me forwards with a sense of control I didn't know he had. He held me to him with one hand and stripped off my clothes with the other.
           "Wait," I said, giggling, as I peeled his clothes off, "Not right here! Anyone can see us!" I realized that although it was dark out, we were still on the side of the road and in plain view for anyone driving by the road.
           "Fine. Come with me," Chad said, unsmiling  as he snatched up the clothes with one hand and dragged me to a side alley with the other. Good enough.


           While we 'did the deed', Chad was completely placid face and unemotional. It was still really good, but I felt like I was having sex with a robot. When we were done, Chad handed me my clothes and put his on quickly. I felt guilty, but not because of Prince.
           Chad started to walk away. "What the hell, Chad?" I cried in dismay, waving at him in confusion, "That's it?"
           "Yeah."
           "Nothing more?"
           "You didn't ask for anything more."
           "I feel used!"
           Chad turned to face me suddenly, a cold expression on his face. "You feel used? I feel used, Cinderella. I would've thought you were better than this. But you're dressing like a prostitute and I know that you're married to Prince Charming."


           "Then why would you have sex with me?" I felt like a scolded child.
           "Because if I refused you, you would've done it with someone else. I hope you're ashamed, Cinderella. I hope you go home, tell your husband what you've done, and stop trying to change who you are."
           And with that, he turned on his heel and left. I followed him with my eyes until he turned a corner, letting the words sink in.


Could Chad Luck have been my saviour twice over?

No comments:

Post a Comment